Safety and Health
B.J. Baldwin Electric, Inc. is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all its employees. Every employee undergoes the following initial orientation training:
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Hazards/Extinguisher Use
- Back Safety/Lifting
- Lock Out-Tag Out
- Confined Space
- Behavioral Safety
- Hazard Communication
- PPE Including Use & Inspection Requirements
In addition we provide on-going training as required in the following areas:
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour Training
- MSHA Training & Certification
- Confined Space
- Respiratory Protection
- Mobile Equipment
- First Aid & CPR
- Other Training as needed
The responsibility for this Safety and Health Program lies with every employee.
- Management is responsible for leadership in safety and health matters, and for providing safe and healthful working conditions.
- Managers and supervisors are responsible for leadership in developing proper attitudes toward safety and health in themselves and in those they supervise, and for ensuring that all work is performed with the utmost regard for safety and health.
- You and every employee are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety and health program — including compliance with all company and government rules and regulations.
B.J. Baldwin Electric, Inc. also maintains an active safety committee that actively targets issues pertaining to employee and job safety.
The committee meets monthly and is comprised of a sampling of employees and managers.
B.J. Baldwin Electric, Inc. is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace. We test every employee during the pre-employment stage, and we perform random drug and alcohol testing. Employees who are CDL drivers are drug and alcohol tested according to DOT regulations wedge set golf clubs. Also, all employees working on pipeline facilities are drug tested according to DOT pipeline regulations. Having a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace allows us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all employees.